Pages

Sunday, 12 July 2026

Why I Don’t Want AI to Write My Books for Me

People often ask me whether I use AI.

The answer is yes.

I use it to research ideas, organise information, improve structure, and sometimes challenge my own thinking.

But when it comes to writing my novels, I see AI differently.

For me, a story is not just a collection of words arranged on a page.

It is imagination, emotion, personal experience, and the small details that make characters feel alive.

Could AI create a story?

Yes.

Could it help develop a strong plot, interesting characters, and a clear structure?

Absolutely.

But would it tell my story?

That is where I believe the difference begins.

Writing a novel is not only about reaching the final chapter. It is about every choice made along the way.

The conversation a character has that reveals something unexpected.

The idea that appears while writing a scene.

The moment when a chapter feels wrong and needs to be rewritten.

Those decisions come from the writer’s perspective, experiences, and understanding of people.

That is the part I want to protect.

This does not mean AI has no role in creativity.

It does.

I have found it useful for brainstorming, checking clarity, exploring different approaches, and questioning ideas I may have overlooked.

AI has become another tool on my desk.

But it is not the author sitting in my chair.

The balance for me is simple:

Use technology where it adds value.

Keep the creative decisions where they belong.

As AI continues to develop, more writers will face an important question.

Not whether AI can write a book.

But how much of the creative process they are willing to hand over.

For me, the answer is clear.

I want readers to connect with my ideas, my characters, and my voice.

AI can help me improve as a writer.

But it cannot replace the experiences, memories, and emotions that inspired me to write.

And that is something I hope never changes.


No comments:

Post a Comment