Striv is a practical blog about making money online with AI, beginner-friendly tools, side hustles,

Thursday, 2 July 2026

Why Many Are Using AI Wrong (And How to Get Real Value From It)

By Chet Oji

Artificial intelligence has become one of the most talked-about technologies in the world. Every day, new AI tools appear, promising to save time, boost productivity, or even replace certain jobs.

But after using AI extensively for writing, research, blogging, and everyday tasks, I’ve noticed something interesting.

Many people are using AI in the simplest way possible—and as a result, they’re getting average results.

The biggest mistake

A lot of people treat AI like a search engine.

They ask a single question, copy the answer, and move on.

That approach works for finding quick information, but it barely scratches the surface of what AI can do.

The real value comes from having a conversation with AI, refining ideas, asking follow-up questions, and challenging the responses it gives.

In my experience, the quality of the result often depends on the quality of the conversation.

What I’ve learned from using AI

Over the past year, AI has become part of my daily routine.

I’ve used it to:

  • brainstorm ideas for my novels
  • improve blog articles
  • draft professional emails
  • simplify complex topics
  • organise projects
  • explore different viewpoints before making decisions

One thing I’ve learned is that AI works best as a partner, not a replacement for independent thinking.

Whenever I rely on AI to do all the thinking, the results feel generic.

When I use it to develop my own ideas, the results are far more useful.

AI still makes mistakes

Despite its impressive capabilities, AI isn’t perfect.

It can misunderstand context, present outdated information, or sound very confident while being completely wrong.

That’s why I never publish something without reading it carefully, checking important facts, and adding my own perspective.

AI should help us think better—not stop us from thinking altogether.

How to get more from AI

If you’re new to AI, here are a few simple tips that have helped me:

  • Ask detailed questions instead of very short ones.
  • Tell AI what you’re trying to achieve.
  • Ask follow-up questions.
  • Compare different answers.
  • Add your own judgement before acting on the information.

These small changes can make a huge difference.

My perspective

I don’t believe the future belongs to people who simply use AI.

I believe it belongs to people who know how to use AI well.

Learning to ask better questions, evaluate answers critically, and combine AI with your own knowledge will become an increasingly valuable skill.

For me, AI isn’t about replacing creativity or human judgement.

It’s about giving people better tools to solve problems, learn faster, and create more effectively.

Final thoughts

AI is changing how we work and learn, but the technology itself isn’t the deciding factor.

The real difference lies in how we choose to use it.

Used thoughtfully, AI can become one of the most useful tools we’ve ever had.

Used carelessly, it’s just another shortcut that produces average results.

How do you use AI in your daily life? Has it changed the way you work or learn? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment