Striv is a practical blog about making money online with AI, beginner-friendly tools, side hustles,

Friday, 3 July 2026

103 Posts Later: Why Google Still Said My Blog Had ‘Low Value Content’

By Chet Oji

It was 11 p.m. after a very busy day at work, I sat in the bathroom with my phone in my hand, convinced that somewhere there had to be the perfect blog post that would finally get readers engaged.

Two hours later, I hadn’t found it.

What I found instead was something much more valuable.

After publishing 103 blog posts, I received the message from google Adsense every blogger dreads:

“Low value content.”

I stared at those three words wondering how they could possibly apply to a blog I’d spent months building.

How could 103 articles be considered low value?

Was my writing really that poor?

Had I misunderstood what represents engagement in reading?

Or was I chasing the wrong goal altogether?

For the next two hours, I did what many of us do when we feel stuck.

I asked AI.

Again.

And again.

Every new idea sounded promising for a few minutes before turning into another article that felt… ordinary.

“Top AI trends…”

“How AI is changing…”

“Five ways AI can help…”

I realised something uncomfortable.

I wasn’t struggling because AI couldn’t write.

I was struggling because I didn’t know what was truly worth writing.

That’s a very different problem.

For weeks, I’d been asking AI to find the perfect topic.

Looking back, that was never a question AI could answer for me.

AI can organise ideas.

It can improve writing.

It can explain complex subjects.

But it cannot tell me what matters to me.

Only I can do that.

This very night, I stopped blaming the technology.

The problem wasn’t ChatGPT.

The problem wasn’t google AdSense.

The problem was that I was expecting a tool to provide clarity that I hadn’t yet found myself.

That realisation changed how I think about this blog.

Maybe Striv doesn’t need another article explaining what AI is doing.

Maybe it needs more articles explaining what it’s like to actually live, work, create, fail, and learn alongside AI.

After all, no one else has my journey.

No one else spent months brainstorming novels ideas with AI as an assistant.

No one else built this exact blog, published 103 posts, and then had Google say they still weren’t valuable enough.

That’s my experience.

And perhaps that’s the value I’ve been overlooking all along.

This article probably won’t be perfect.

It probably won’t instantly impress AdSense either.

But it’s the most honest thing I’ve written in a long time.

Instead of asking AI to think for me, I’m learning to use it to think with me.

Maybe that’s the lesson I should have understood from the beginning.

The next chapter of Striv won’t be about chasing perfect articles.

It will be about sharing real experiences, asking better questions, and learning in public.

If that eventually leads to AdSense approval, I’ll be delighted.

But even if it doesn’t, at least I’ll know the words on this page are genuinely mine.


Have you ever spent hours searching for the perfect answer, only to realise you were asking the wrong question? I’d love to hear your experience in the comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment