Striv is a practical blog about making money online with AI, beginner-friendly tools, side hustles,

Sunday, 5 July 2026

​I Stopped Looking for the Perfect AI Prompt




By Chet Oji

Yesterday, I shared one of the most frustrating moments I’ve had since starting this blog.

After publishing 103 posts, Google AdSense rejected my site with the words “Low value content.”

I spent nearly two hours asking AI to help me find the perfect blog post that would finally change Google’s mind.

It never came.

When I woke up the next morning, I realised something else.

Maybe I wasn’t looking for the perfect blog post.

Maybe I was looking for the perfect prompt.

Like many people discovering AI, I’ve often believed that somewhere out there is a magical prompt that unlocks extraordinary results.

A prompt that writes the perfect article.

A prompt that builds the perfect business.

A prompt that guarantees AdSense approval.

The more I thought about it, the more I realised how unrealistic that expectation is.

AI doesn’t replace the need for direction.

It amplifies it.

If I don’t know what I’m trying to achieve, no prompt can solve that problem for me.

It’s a bit like giving someone the world’s best sat-nav but never telling it the destination.

The technology isn’t broken.

The journey simply hasn’t been defined.

That thought stayed with me throughout the day.

For months I’ve been asking AI questions like:

“What should I write today?”

Perhaps the better question is:

“What have I experienced today that someone else could learn from?”

Those two questions lead to completely different articles.

The first asks AI to invent.

The second asks AI to help communicate something that’s already real.

That doesn’t just apply to blogging.

It applies to work.

To business.

To learning.

To creativity.

AI can help us organise ideas, improve clarity and explore possibilities.

But it still needs something deeply human to work with.

Curiosity.

Experience.

Purpose.

Without those, even the most advanced AI has very little to build on.

Ironically, I think Google’s rejection taught me something that AI couldn’t.

Value doesn’t come from producing more content.

It comes from having something worth saying.

I’m still learning what Striv should become.

I don’t have all the answers yet.

But I know this much.

From today, I’ll spend less time searching for perfect prompts…

…and more time asking better questions.

Because better questions don’t just produce better AI responses.

They produce better thinking.

And perhaps that’s where real value begins.


What about you?

Have you ever spent more time looking for the perfect tool than defining the problem you were trying to solve?

I’d genuinely like to hear your thoughts in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment